Friday, January 16, 2015

Zach's Big Book of Poems

Middle School
It’s Monday and you want to die;
you pass by that smelly guy.
You start to walk to math.
Middle school is just another path,
to a good life,
but right now you think life is only full of strife.
Acne bubbles on your face,
middle school is just an arms race,
for popularity is as valuable as gold,
but that idea is getting old.
This is the beginning.
That bully is looking at you grinning;
he says you're ugly,
while sitting there smiling smugly.
He expects a reaction that you won’t give,
slowly losing the will to live.
Finally at class and you see your friend;
you're sadness comes to an end.
Afraid of the Dark
I look in the corner of my room;
the part full of gloom.
what could be there,
no one else cares.
Only I see the horrors of the closet
at the fear bank I make a deposit.
I shiver in my bed but I’m warm,
fear is like bees and right now I’m in a swarm.
The fear grabs me by the throat and I can’t speak,
my heartbeat is at it’s peak.
I finally scream.
I wait until light comes from my door’s seam.
My dad opens the door and turns on the light.
It burns my eyes because it’s so bright;
he asked what’s wrong and I point at the door.
He rolls his eyes as if this is a chore;
he opens it and points out that it’s fine.
He told me to not whine
He leaves the room and shuts off the light;
the darkness comes back making my room black as night.
Here we go again.
Day at the Park
You get to the park and you are filled with joy
in your hand is your favorite toy.
You look back at your parent’s smiling face;
look back and two kids are in a race.
You smile as you run to the playgrounds;
the kids make weird sounds .
The kid who won is now jumping with joy;
all you know of him is he is a boy.
You play with the toy on the playset.
You play until you work up a good sweat.
You sit back down at the picnic table with your mom and dad.
You see a bowl of potato salad and become mad;
you hate potato salad so bad,
but then mom pulls out a ham sandwich.
You take a bite and it is very rich,
you smile and look up to see your friend.
You smile and wish that this day will never end;
you get up and come to meet him.
you see his parents, wow his mom has gotten quite slim;
you play for hours,
but mom said that we need showers.
Time to go,
you walk away and think you are a pro,
until next time.
How to Write Haikus
Write five syllables,
make seven syllables,
five syllables done.
The Name of Legend
Zebras
At
Concerts
Hiccuping

Done!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the last poem. All of the poems made me laugh. I think these poems are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you added different things to talk about in your PPOW, I think it is a great one. It makes me laugh!! Love it Zach!! Good job

    ReplyDelete

We're glad that you want to comment! Before you do so, please remember that we are eighth graders who are learning to write. If your comment is going to be encouraging or constructive, please share it. If your comment is neither, please keep it to yourself.