Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Trip to Mall of America

 My Trip to Mall of America
This year my family and I went to Mall of America in Minneapolis, Minnesota. First we woke up at six on a Saturday morning and went to Casey’s. The drive seemed like it took forever, but it was only five hours. We got there around noon and went straight to our hotel. We stayed in a huge hotel called Crowne Plaza. It had a pool, and a hot tub which I really enjoyed. After we checked into our hotel, we drove to Mall of America. We ate lunch at Hard Rock Cafe; they had lots of guitars and drums hanging on the wall. The guitars and drums were signed by famous bands and singers like Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones, Linkin Park, and many others. I had a hamburger but it wasn’t that great. It had almost every store you could think of, surprisingly it didn’t have a Mcdonalds. They had Skittles, Peeps and Starburst stores. In the center of the mall was Nickelodeon Universe; it had amusement park rides. The scariest ride there was the Spongebob Squarepants Roller Coaster. It sounds kiddish and cheesy, but it was really scary; you go straight up a huge hill and then straight down. It made my stomach drop, when I went down the huge drop off. Then we went to a baseball store outside of the mall, and I bought a new Easton Baseball glove. Then we went back to the hotel and went to bed. The next morning we woke up and ate at IHOP and there pancakes were amazing. I had two pancakes and a omelet; they had 5 different types of syrup: strawberry, butter pecan, salted caramel, blueberry and original. Then we drove back to our hotel and got on a train to Mall of America. The train went super fast through downtown Minneapolis and straight to the mall. Right when I walked in I saw a Chinese family asking this lady if she could take their picture. She said yes then took their picture; she handed him his phone back. Then the Chinese man said “No, this is not good enough! We need to find a photographer!” I thought it was hilarious, but he didn’t think it was too funny. After that, we went straight to the Nike and Foot Locker Store’s. I bought some new shoes and Derek Jeter Jordan socks at foot locker. We ate lunch at Culver’s and then headed to this store called Planet Soccer. It had tons of soccer equipment and balls. I bought new cleats at the store and then we left. Then after we left the soccer store, and we went to Outback Steakhouse. I had fish and chips and it tasted amazing. We left Outback Steakhouse and went straight back to our hotel. We decided to go swimming in the pool and afterwards we went into the hot tub for a little while. Then we went back to our room and went to bed. The next day we woke up and ate breakfast at Mcdonald’s. After we ate at Mcdonald’s, we went back to our hotel to pack all of our stuff up. We packed everything up in our car then went to the Mall for the last time. First, we bought wristbands to ride all of the rides throughout the day. Then we rode the Log ride; it was really fun. You go up this huge hill and then fly down it, splashing through the water. The first time we rode it, we made my sister right in the very front so she got soaked. Then after we got bored of riding the log ride we went straight to the Spongebob Roller Coaster. We had two guys throw up behind us before the ride even started. The first hill was so high it almost touched the ceiling! After you went flying down the first hill, you go in a loop that goes upside down twice. It was the craziest ride they had and it made you feel like you were falling from the sky. The next ride we went on was the Fairly Odd Parents Roller Coaster, it spun in a circle while you were on the roller coaster. It made me really dizzy and it went super fast around hills and stuff. It was the fastest ride they had there. It almost made my sister sick; she was really pale for the rest of the day, but she survived. Then we had to go on the Ferris Wheel because my sister wanted to really bad. I thought it was really boring considering all you do is go in a big circle. Then after we got off, we ate at the food court. I had a hamburger from Johnny Rockets and it was one of the best hamburgers I have ever tasted. My brother and sister had fried rice at Panda Express. After we ate, we had to drive all the way home. On our way back we stopped in Des Moines and ate at a barbeque place called Smokey D’s. It had the best barbeque I have ever tasted. There is trophies all over the walls from all the contests and cookoffs they have one. The food Network had even came there to see how good their food was. They had checks of 100,000 dollars hanging up on the wall that they had one from BBQ Pitmasters. After we stuffed ourselves to the best barbecue ever, we started driving back home again. This vacation was really fun and exciting. Although the drive was really long, the Mall of America was worth it. My favorite part was going on the rides that went up really high then straight down as people screamed. I bought lots of stuff and had a great time on the rides and in the shops. It was one of the best vacations I have ever been on, and it is something that I will never forget for the rest of my life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're glad that you want to comment! Before you do so, please remember that we are eighth graders who are learning to write. If your comment is going to be encouraging or constructive, please share it. If your comment is neither, please keep it to yourself.