Thursday, December 11, 2014

Poetry Isn't for Me

Poetry Isn’t for Me

I don’t like poetry;
It’s a waste of time.
I have better things to do
Than sit here and rhyme.

I don’t like poetry;
It’s not really my thing.
I’d rather be out shopping,
For a pretty diamond ring.

I don’t like poetry;
I’m seriously not joking.
If I do more poetry,
I will be choking.

I don’t like poetry;
Others might.
If you ask me,
It kind of bites.

I can’t wait for it to be over;
I’m not even going to pretend.
I can’t take it anymore!
Finally! I’ve reached the end!

If I Owned a Zoo

If I owned a zoo,
I would get frogs.
They would be tamed;
Unlike wild hogs.

I would buy a zebra,
But it wouldn’t be in a cage.
I would teach it to do tricks,
And perform them on stage.


I wouldn’t forget about the lions;
They are a must!
If I didn’t have them,
My zoo would be a bust!

I would get a bear.
He would be black.
He would be friendly,
And never attack!

A giraffe would be perfect!
He would need trees.
If someone plants them,
This will be a breeze.

If I owned a zoo,
I would get a moose.
But what would I name him?
I would definitely call him Bruce.



I could even get penguins;
They just waddle around.
They could do a show;
Maybe with a clown!

I would need a camel.
It would give people rides.
I would get a bar,
So nobody falls off the sides.

Last but not least;
I want a monkey.
It would eat a lot-
Probably be quite chunky.

If I owned a zoo,
I would need it all.
Who am I kidding?!
I would rather have a mall!






Winter is Coming

I reach out my hand,
There lies a snowflake.
It was so fragile and calm
In the cold winter air.

I don’t brush it away.
I just stare at it in silence.
It sends chills up my spine,
As the winter wind blows it away.

No way to find it.
No way to remember it.
Just a symbol,
That winter is coming.

It’s now lost with the others.
In the small pile of snow.
There lies a blanket.
A thick sheet of white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're glad that you want to comment! Before you do so, please remember that we are eighth graders who are learning to write. If your comment is going to be encouraging or constructive, please share it. If your comment is neither, please keep it to yourself.