Friday, February 6, 2015

Limbless

Spencer P.
Engish 8-6
                                                                                                                        Jan. 9, 2015
PPOW


Limbless
This is story about a woman that has no arms and legs. She was born like this her name is Amber Troutner. This woman is my mom. My name is Spencer, and I had to grow up getting made fun of because of this. People who make fun of my mom don’t know her. They are doing this either because, one they are jealous, or because I have a cool mom. They just think she is weird because they don’t understand.
When people see her, they all stop and say, look at that lady! They ask what happened to her and we say that’s how she is born. I also don’t like when people stare at her. If they would grow up and just ask what happened, it would be fine, but they just stop what they’re doing and stare. We have had people follow us around Wal-Mart to stare at my mom. It gets frustrating after a while.
Things that my mom can do, she does!  She can cook rice, and all kinds of foods, and she also can write with her mouth and her handwriting is awesome! I think my mom is an amazing person, and she inspires me to be good and be nice while having fun. While doing it all, she has told me that when you think of it in a positive way, it will be 10 times better than thinking  negative. I have been made fun of because of my mom. When people do that, they don't think. They don't know what they are talking about because they have never meet her or even talk to her. My mom was made fun of when she was in high school. Really mean bullies use to come and pushed her books off her desk that she had on her chair. My mom never gave up, and my mom has a really strong personality to be made fun off for that long. My mom was in the children's hospital for a long time when she was younger. She fell out of a bus lift and broke her back. A few year after that, she got  scoliosis, and her back was like a z. They had to do surgery to fix the problem. They put a  bunch of rods and plates in, and every time we go outside in the cold, it hurts her because its too  cold. She was at the hospital for a few months, and I have been to visit her there.
The hospital is for people with disabilities. It is called the Shriners Hospital. The surgeries are paid for by donations. They have a circus that you can attend. They use to have a lot of animals at the hospital.  They had bears, elephants, monkeys, and all the thing you can imagine. February 28, 2001,  the day I was born, my mom was happy, and she didn’t feel well. My mom almost died having me, and thats crazy, but I know she would do anything for me. She has been a supportive mom over the years, and I am thankful that I have a mom like her. I am lucky that cares about me, and also wants me to go far in life, and not be bad. When I was a kid, we used to go up to my great grandmas for holidays and all that fun stuff. We also went to my uncles, and we go there a lot because we are really close, and family is always important. That’s the number one thing in life.
My life at this moment is very sad because my grandpa is very ill. He is not feeling well, and my mom and all of us are caring for him. We hope that he gets better and my mom says it will be ok, and we will all be together. I believe my mom is the coolest person in the world, and so does my sister. People judge her when she can do what you can do. Maybe she does it better than you, and my mom went out for sports like cheerleading in high school. That’s pretty cool for someone in a wheel chair.  You never want to judge someone. I have so many things  to tell you about my mom. She is the one person when people see her that you hear “wow” look at her! I think it’s cool that they do that, but at the same time they say,  “Look at her; she is a weirdo! “
Are you a creep? I don’t think that’s right. I think my mom and all the people who make fun of her make me stronger and braver because I have had to listen to it for so long. I don't care anymore because when people do make fun of her jealousy comes in place, and you can’t hide it because it really does show that I have a cool mom. How many people can say there mom is limbless and can cook. When I was younger she would take her chair and pull me in the snow, but we would get stuck.
My dad helps my mom with everything. She can't eat by herself. She can get on the toilet by herself, but she can’t get dressed or other things without my dad helping her. It takes a lot to do that, and I thank and thank my dad for everything he does for her.  When my mom was young, she was getting on a chair lift and the belt was not on she fell back. She fell of it, and broke her back. A few years later, she developed scoliosis. Nobody say wow look at her because it is a normal thing to see people like her. They are just really pleasant there. They have this monument there that people have made to help people. My mom has two things in there, I think that it is really cool. They even have their own circus. They have lions, monkeys, elephants, tigers, bears, and dogs. All of that good stuff helps my mom. She to go there because no other hospital would take her because they were too scared to take the risk of her dieing during the surgery, but these guys know what they are doing. As a matter of fact, they still help people today!  I think that is it the coolest thing to do!  So the next time the Shrine Circus comes to town, GO! And feel good about it because you will have donated to someone who is handicapped.  Paraplegic People deserve the respect that we have.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're glad that you want to comment! Before you do so, please remember that we are eighth graders who are learning to write. If your comment is going to be encouraging or constructive, please share it. If your comment is neither, please keep it to yourself.