Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Dare

I woke up nauseous and felt a searing pain on my upper left arm then, aimlessly walking around I found my camera on a table. I observed the camera for a few seconds when all of a sudden a jolt of pain ran through my head, memories flashing and sounds racing in my head making my temples throb in agony. I fell back in terror as I remembered what had happened. I remembered it was a sunny day with my friends, and I playing a game of basketball. I made two backwards shots; it made the hoop both times. Later on in the day, we walked around and ate a bunch of food.
By the time, we were done it was sundown. My friends and I played a game of truth or dare. It was my turn being asked the question “truth or dare?” of course me being brave and outgoing I replied “dare.” My friend looked at me for a second and shrugged, while replying, “okay then get ready for what I’m about to dare you, I dare you… to go inside the murder shack.” I looked at her in shock “ do you hate me or something because last time I checked, friends don’t want other friends to die,” I replied. My friend made an annoying sound that kind of went like bawk bawk bawk!
I hastily turned on my heel, heading for the house to get my camera that was fully charged. I walked back outside where my friends were shooting hoops again, I gave them a blank look and said, “ if I get to go inside a psychotic murder’s house you to can at least follow me there until I go inside.” They looked at each other and silently approved then replying, “fine,” in unison. I turned on the camera and we walked in bitter silence.
By the time we walked to the edge of town it was 8:00 at night and my friends, and I had regrets of passing the police tape around the trees. Just a few more steps, and I could just barely see the worn down mess of a house with graffiti all over it. We all slowing walked up to the house shaking, shivering, and breathing way faster than we should. I was at the front steps the beating of our hearts abruptly stopped when my hand touched the almost broken, rusty doorknob. I gulped then slowly turned the doorknob and went inside I looked around, but there was no movements or sounds coming even from the shadows. I looked at my friends who were still just out side the door will wide eyes and huddling together.
I pulled out my camera and took a selfie, I looked at it with a smile, and I saved it to my camera roll. The hairs on the back of my neck spiked up when all of a sudden two swift, loud booms echoed through the house. I turned around shocked to see my friends on the ground pale, bloody, and dead… I screamed and ran to the nearest exit, which was a broken window just to my right. I sprang out the window with glass fragments slicing my skin, but at the time I could barely feel it. I sprinted out to the trees, which happens to be the opposite way I came.
Before I could even comprehend what was going on I heard a gunshot and my left arm was stinging in pain. I had tears streaming down my face, blood gushing out of my arm, but my instincts told me o sprint as fast as I can to my house, so I can call the po-po and be safe. I ran and ran as fast as my legs could take me. My heart was pounding, I had a repulsive headache, and my vision was blurred. My senses came back to me when I saw the town. Luckily and, coincidentally my house was just on the edge of town.
I looked behind me and saw no sign of the mysterious, and anonymous murderer. I became calm but still shocked and on edge. I jogged the rest of the way to my house and opened the door, and then I quickly locked it. I was severely weakened and I couldn’t use my left arm at all, and I used every last bit of my energy running through the forest. I set my camera on my table and headed for the bathroom to put an adhesive on my left arm and took pain medication.

I walked towards my couch and sat down and decided to lie down for a while because my legs felt like they were burning. I soon drifted off to sleep completely forgetting to call the police or an ambulance. I came back to reality from that horrible flashback from hours earlier. I want it to all be a dream, but it isn’t. All of that is in the past and I’m happy to be alive and to have survived the day I almost got killed. I turned around when I heard my floor creak, just then I saw a horrible sight I never wanted to see again. It was the same shadowy, and anonymous figure from before. I thought I was hallucinating and that I was crazy, but the figure held up its gun straight at me. I was frozen still and wide-eyed thinking this is my end. The figure only stood there and seconds later it said “ Excuse me but I seemed to have missed my shot earlier, I hope you don’t mind me giving it another try…” Then it all went black. That was the day I died just from playing a game of truth or dare… The end.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad we don't have a 'murder shack' in Avoca. Knowing us we would all die.

    ReplyDelete

We're glad that you want to comment! Before you do so, please remember that we are eighth graders who are learning to write. If your comment is going to be encouraging or constructive, please share it. If your comment is neither, please keep it to yourself.